Whenever I tell people (IRL) about my job, the first comments/questions I get are about how hard it is to get anything done when you don’t have a boss and/or colleagues in the same building keeping you accountable.
I’ve been working remotely for so long now I’m mostly good at staying productive. Things sometimes slip though, especially at the end of the year when kids leave school, and everything in home life intensifies as the silly season approaches. Work habits get… messy.
That’s why I like starting the year with a little work-from-home refresh.
- clean my desk
- clear out Downloads, Development and Documents folders on the work MBP
- clean up my private notes in my Notion workspace
- clean up my pinned tabs in Arc
- re-assess my Obsidian daily note template layout
- write my work intentions for 2024
- reconfigure my site and app blockers, so I can’t get on socials/Discord until the work day is over
- set up a focus goal in Rize
- get my automations dialled in - I have a Keyboard Maestro macro that closes all unnecessary apps and opens up my work apps, positions all the windows how I like them and runs the script that starts the CodePen dev environment 👌🏼👌🏼